Saturday, November 28, 2009

What age should I let my 11 yr. old wear make-up (ie. lip gloss, eye shadow) ?

My husband and I are trying to let her grow up but it sure is hard! I didn't wear make-up till later in life (15) and I am not very good at putting it on so I need to learn how to not let her look like a clown..;)What age should I let my 11 yr. old wear make-up (ie. lip gloss, eye shadow) ?
Let her wear makeup in stages. Every little girl wants to wear makeup and fully prohibiting her from wearing it is just going to cause her to try it on behind your back, at friends' houses, etc. I would start by letting her wear a nice, light lipgloss. You could even make it an ';event'; and take her to the cosmetics counter to choose something nice - it will make her feel grown-up, but it won't be over the top at all. When she turns 13, you might let her wear a little bit of mascara or a light eyeshadow. I would avoid eyeliner until she's much older (say 16 or so) since it tends to ';age'; little girls and is seen by many as inappropriate. A nice, light blush or ';bronzer'; might also be appropriate in the early teens, although generally little girls have very nice skin and this is not needed.





The key here is to help her grow up while setting limits. I really think that going out and getting her a nice lip gloss would be a good first step, and as long as you keep it light it's not going to make her look too old.





Good luck! It sounds like you're doing a great job so far. :)What age should I let my 11 yr. old wear make-up (ie. lip gloss, eye shadow) ?
in my opinion no.. i am 15 and i started wearing make up a year ago. if you let her wear make up then let her until she's 13. and explain to her that makeup doesnt make you beautiful, its the person you are.
18. In the mean time, why not get her into sports, or playing a musical instrument or something. She;s too young for makeup
I, also, think between 16 and 18 is a good target range for make up, but no reason why she can't get into skin %26amp; hair care now; for example, sun screens, and hair products that banish dullness and dandruff. I think she'd enjoy the ';girlie'; aspects, and she's be learning basic grooming skills.
let her wear lip gloss but only the clear one , as for eye shadows and other make up she should be atleast 14 or 15
13 or 14
Well coming from a 19 year old male I'd say, let her have fun with it now, as in, in the house, but wait until she's at least in middle school; what's make up used for... accenting the facial features and a 11 year old doesn't need that in my opinion...





But hell... I'm just an old schoolie type I guess... where have the years gone... kids these days..
12 or 13
I would try to get her to wait till she's 16...well, maybe 15 if she is feeling ';uncool'; as all her friends wear it. You might go to one of the department stores and let them do a makeover on her. They will do that at the Sephora stores sometimes.
I started wearing makep when I was 12.... just make sure it's natural looking- makeup is for accentuating your good features, not hiding them. Just let her wear lip gloss, a little bit of blush, maybe some sheer foundation, brown mascara only on the top lid and concealer if she needs it and she'll be just lovely. Try vistiting http://www.themakeuproom.com/teen.html for more advice.
I suggest you start her off slowly. Lipgloss first, then some light eyeshadow, then some mascara...etc.





Allowing her to wear some makeup will help her feel prettier and more confidant. Remember, many of her classmates will also be wearing makeup. Still, you don't want to let her grow up too fast. I suggest making her wait until she's 14 to wear the heavier stuff like eyeliner and mascara.
Between the ages of 15 and 17 should be sufficient. I have a 9 year old and I am dreading those teenaged years. GOOD LUCK 'cause you're gonna need it.
no she's only 11 at least 13 would be ok
When she's old enough to buy her own cosmetics. OR 18 yrs. old.
Luckily we don't have daughters, just sons, so we don't have to make those decisions but I was allowed to wear light make up at age 13. Full make up at 16. Now that I'm 40 yrs. old, I hardly ever wear make up.
at this day an age i don';t think you can keep her from it for much longer try 12 or 13 but she probably will just buy some cheap stuff with friends and apply it at school. Instead of that option go out with her one day when she's a little older and buy her good makeup and instruct her how to do it properly. It could be a great bonding experience. give each other makeovers and have really time together and once she knows how to do it properly you'll probably end up with less of a problem with it as she grows up.
Shes to young, wait until she is in her teens.
15 minimum
My husband and I discussed the age that we want our girls to start wearing makeup and our concensus was 13. But our two youngest girls have birthmarks (very light) on their faces and necks and so we decided that if they want to wear makeup at a younger age to cover these marks that would be fine also. Our other decision on this was to take them to a make up counter at one of the department stores like Clinique and get them a makeover that would teach them how to apply makeup so that it looks natural and enhances their features rather than made up and unnatural. You could do this with her. I am like you I didn't know how to apply makeup so that I didn't look like a clown and I went to Clinique (they have a very nice staff to help women and young girls). They help you choose colors and learn application techniques. These sessions are free (in some cases they make up women for special events like weddings) you just schedule it with them, rather than just showing up. The prices are higher than going to supermarket areas, but there is a very nice return policy (if you or your daughter turns up allergic - rare) you can return the unused product for a full refund. Clinique is found in Lazarus and the like. But when a girl starts to go to high school that is when they want to start wearing makeup because the other girls are doing so also.
15...no exceptions...if you let her grow up and develop too fast...the boys (and babies) will soon follow!!!
At fifteen. Teach her that less is more. You can take her to a department store and have a make up sales woman explain to her how to put it on.
12 thats when i started wearing make-up its not that hard either
I started with the clear lip gloss that has a flavor for my daughter.then I started picking up 17 mag they have all sorts of how tos and articles on allsorts of coming of age and teenage stuff.I'd read the stuff then pass it to her and we'd have things to talk about.Also about 12 I got her a light blush and I'd always tell her it looked nice but then after a while I'd say wait come here oh look in the light your cheeks appear to have to much. It all worked for me,shes now 18 and knows the difference between day make up and evening wear. She does pretty good .So basicly let her slowly get into it and you bring it to her tell her look what I found I think this color will look nice on you,then she won't go nuts and look like a hooker!
16
Well i think u shoud let her wear lip gloss at least. Then when she's 16 let her star wearing make up.
she's way too young to wear makeup, but to learn there are plenty magazines that give you advise on how to apply and also a book called ';The beauty bible'; I find it very helpful it tells u almost everything about your skin, makeup, the latest procedures available and much more. good luck and try not to make her luck too mature for her age u dont want the wrong men looking at her.
let her wear lip gloss. wait until shes twelve or thirteen for eye shadow-- and dont let her get wacko colors. i remember when i was in sixth grade i started wearing eye shadow..and then i remember in 8th grade i thought eye shadow was kind of wierd if you wore like odd colors. so if your gonna buy her eyeshadow, get her like pink or something.
I didnt stat wearing make-up til i was 14. I would say 13 or 14. At 11, i would let her wear clear lip gloss, and very light eye shadow. If you feel she can have more, take her to the mall, and let them show her how to put it on, and what colors look best on her. Growing up is hard to let happen, and trust me she will thank you for not letting her have her pic taken with horrible make-up!
12 maybe 13
let her put on a little bit of natural make up for parties in middle school, but in high school everyone wears makeup, she will feel more fit in than out in the crowd
lipgloss is ok, but other makeup should wait. 14/15 are good ages to use make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan