Monday, June 21, 2010

Eye shadow suggestions?

I always have a difficult time picking out eye shadow colors that match my complexion. I have dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and a light, somewhat olive complexion. If this helps, I look most like the Italian portion of my family. It just seems as if nothing I try looks good on me. The same with lip color.Eye shadow suggestions?
I can relate to you... I am olive skin toned and have dark hair and eyes. And i never really liked the eyeshadow looked on me. Except when I found this light shimerry golden color. I don't do alot of color.. I try to keep it simple. Even now I just do mascara... no eyeshadow, just blush and a light sheer nude or pink/rosey lip. I never wear lipstick, just gloss. To be specific may favorite M.A.C lusterglass.. in Instant Gold and Fluster Rose and Love Nectar and Petal Pusher.Eye shadow suggestions?
i have look exactly how you describe yourself. i use a copper or a gold color eyeshadow. it really makes my eyes pop out and look beautiful! Report Abuse

Stick to browns and beiges...neutrals are always a good bet and they look natural.
I have the same complexion, and the ';experts'; say jewel tones look best on people like us, (bright, warm colors that resemble sapphires, rubies, amethysts, emeralds, etc.) but I think they look like I have too much make-up on when I wear them and I feel like I am trapped in 1981. I wear mostly earth tones- a light tan with some dark brown contour at the edges- and a touch of black eyeliner with mascara. When I want to dress it up a bit or if I'm going out at night, I use black liquid eyeliner, to accentuate my eyes heavily. I sometimes wear black eyeshadow or charcoal grey, which sounds goth but is actually really sexy as long as you don't overdo it.





For lips, I just use a heavy sheer gloss, and for evening a plum-colored gloss or gold-tinted gloss. I also use a bit of bronzer instead of powder because it makes my skin glow a bit, and for night some plum blush just on the apples of my cheeks blended with bronzer. That's it for make-up for me.





Some tips: You can get cheap make-up kits that have tons of colors in them for $9.99 at most drugstores (like Walgreen's) and play around with the colors to see what you like best. When you find your colors, then you can go out and buy the expensive stuff that lasts longer and just generally looks better. You can also get makeovers at most department stores that have cosmetics counters, and they are usually free. The cosmetician will try and sell you everything when she's done, but you aren't obligated to buy anything.





Hope that helps!
You'll look best in medium green, medium purple, plum, medium blue, medium gray or blue-gray shades of eye shadow. Choose one shade only to use at a time and apply it all over eyes, from lash-line to brows. Try sheer lip glosses in shades of light brown, bronze or raisin red. Hope you get the right colour you want now! :) and, if you want any more suggestions/tips go to this site: http://www.myjellybean.com/makeup/makeup鈥?/a>
well, it really matters on the outfit, i'm suggesting a very plaish light green, but always bye the little eye shodow cases with more then one color, so you don't have to ware the same color every day. And the color of your shodow dosen't have to mach perfectly to your outfit, because it shouldn't be that coated on anyway.





P.S. NEVER coat it on, makeup is ment to make you look naturally beatiful, not like you need it. Pus, if you want to go to the gas staion or something and don't want to have to perfect yourself, you can go without makeup without it being super obviouse, people will just think you had an ';off'; day.
i would look at Penelope Cruz. If I'm understanding you may be close in color and I've never seen her go wrong in the make-up department.
Try brown eyeliner with a light brown, shimmery shadow. Brown eyeliner works well with any shadow except black, but black eyeshadow with your dark hair might be too much.
I'd try a mossy green, gray, or purple eyeshadows and liners (I don't mean all at once, lol). As for lipstick, I don't know what to tell you. You could always go with a sheer neutral gloss to offset eyes that are more played-up, thus eliminating any lipstick confusion. Try going to the websites of makeup sellers for hints, or browse the beauty section of the bookstore for makeup help.
then dont wear any
Try green eye shadow or brown. If you use brown, put dark brown first and then light brown on top ...
Mary Kay.com has a virtual makeover. Or you could find a consultant and have them give you samples. They do free facials or glam-o-rama's. It's really fun, get your friends together and call 1-800-Mary-Kay.
You may want to try going to a MAC counter and asking a makeup artist to help you out with different colors. They will apply many different shades to help you figure out what looks great on you. I have done this and I feel in love with MAC. Every female in my home uses it.
pink, light green, light blue, peach, silver. and plain the one that jus shows glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan