Monday, June 21, 2010

Eye shadow....Does this effect it?

I have no idea how to apply eye shadow and I've tried experimenting but it always makes me look like I got into a fight and lost. Now I'm not sure if this is relevent but does being a plus sized woman have anything to do with how it can be applied? I don't know if this matters either but whenever I apply it my skin moves with every touch. Any tips on making eye shadow easier to apply ?? ThanksEye shadow....Does this effect it?
First start out with a good soft medium brush (head of brush about twice the size of a pencil eraser) try out MAC, Stila, Nars, ect. Or for cheaper but still good quality, Sonia Kashuk at Target. You can also go to an art supply store and get a good quality paint brush. Theyre excellent tools. Next for your face begin with a good primer for your eye. Primer Potion by Urban Decay is GREAT. But almost every drugstore brand has an eye base. Then do a light dusting of translucent powder with a big fluffy brush. Next take your brush, and swirl into shadow, then tap off excess. LIGHTLY pull your skin taut with one finger (not too hard, you dont want to damage skin) then starting at middle of lid lightly wisk brush back and forth, and in circular motions going to outer lid, back to the middle and then over to inner corner and all the way back to outer corner. Use a light /light/medium shade for this. Then if yu want apply a darker shade to crease using a ';rainbow'; motion going back and forth but careful not to go to far in the inner corner. Then you can finish it off with a light shimmery shade blended from the dark crease color, all the way up to yoru browbone and blending into your arch. Wipe off any excess around the eye with a cotton ball. If you get a a good cream shadow, these are easier to apply, but can be messy and sometimes crease. Buy a trio color set and practice with that. Then move forward as you feel neccessary. Being a little overweight shouldnt inhibit you from creating a beautiful eye. If you visit a MySpace makeup group there are LOTS of pics where girls give what they used and how. DEFINITELY check it out, they will help you improve SO much! E-mail me for more information if you are interested:)Eye shadow....Does this effect it?
If you're asking on how to make eye-shadow actually stay, then I recommend applying concealer first to make your shadow last longer.





With that being said, it depends on what kind of eye shadow effect you're looking for! The only reason why you're shadow would ever look like you've gotten into a fight and lost is if you do what many people call a ';raccoon eye,'; which is when you apply too much black eye liner around the bottom lid of your eye. (sometimes even the top, too) yuck! I really don't recommend this look, unless you're trying to make a statement, or its, well, Halloween.





If you want a minimalistic look thats still very attractive, Id recommend an eye shadow that comes in three coordinating colors - one light, one medium, and one dark. For example, I love pinkish tones with my skin (I have light/medium skin) so I use Clinique High Impact Shadow in Sugar Sugar %26amp; Rose Wine (3 colors - a whitish, a pinkish, and a rose wine color).





First, I apply the lightest color to the inner corners of my eyes, and lightly dust it over my whole lid (this is just for a shimmering effect and it also makes my eyes look more wide %26amp; awake). Then, I use the pinking eye color over my whole lid, you can even dust some under your eyebrow for even more shimmer. Lastly, for more dramatic look, I use the dark color in my eye crease and blend outward so that its not too thick, but it makes an impression!





My shadow for everyday is usually very minimalistic, and I love using creme shadows as a base (Maybelline Dream Mousse, Mac Creme Shadows) Usually every brand has some kind of creme based shadow. My personal favorite is the Sheer Cover creme shadow. After I apply my base, I follow the same steps as above. I like creme shadows because they add a glow %26amp; shimmering effect.





As for being plus size, it shouldn't matter, since its all about technique. You're skin's condition could affect it, though...I.E. if you have oily or dry skin. Because if its oily, its much more difficult to keep make-up looking as fresh as it could be.





I hope this helps...Good luck!
use your finger it is easyer
well for your eyeshadow not to smudge i would use a gell based 1...it stays put on for hours.... chck the link below u mite hav seen it already but in my opinion it is very helpful...
I would recommend good makeup brushes. Mary Kay has a really nice set, and a Mary Kay consultant can help you with colors and technique.
Go tO mac.com
Use a small brush to apply. Its much better than those foam tipped swabs.
Since you are a novice at make-up then stick to the creme eyeshadows. I likes Maybelline allot. They have pretty colors in every shade and not too expensive either. Just use your finger and stick to the lid for your main color.


NO being a plus sized woman doesn't matter. Only shape of eye, skin texture, skin color, %26amp; the texture of the eyeshadow( loose color, creme, or pallette) are considered when it comes to pretying up your eyes.


I also recommend the book ';Making Faces'; by Kevyn Aucoin


http://www.amazon.com/Making-Faces-Kevyn鈥?/a> To help you with your technique for when yo wanna try new looks. But for now stick to the cremes their easy and almost fool proof.


Good Luck!
Well being plus size has no effect on how make up is applied. Buy some good brushes from MAC cosmetics or any beauty supply store. Then you always want to stay light (you can always add as you go along) just try different shades and shadows to see what works best on your face. A beauty consultant from a department store can always show you what works for you and how to apply this.
  • Mountain E Bike Ni MH battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    trojan